By Geoff Berkeley Monday 14 January 2013 Updated: 14/01 16:11
A POPULAR Italian restaurant in Worcester city centre has closed its doors.
ASK, which is situated in the Crown Passage, shut for the final time on Saturday, January 5.
A spokeswoman from ASK told the Standard the decision came after its owners the Gondola Group had made changes across the chain of restaurants.
She also said staff had been offered other positions within the group which also owns city based restaurants Zizzi and Pizza Express.
"Due to changes we are making across the ASK Italian brand nationwide we have recently had to close our restaurant in Worcester," she said.
"As part of the Gondola Group’s on-going strategy to offer the best dining experience available we have recently opened a Zizzi in Worcester which is proving really popular with the locals.
"All of our team in Worcester have been given further opportunities within the group and we thank our staff and our customers for their loyalty."
ASK also has a restaurant in Malvern which has not been affected by the closure in Worcester.
SOME people in Worcester are still watching television
A MAN in his 20s suffered a serious
RESIDENTS in Dines Green will soon have access
A BAN on visitors has been put in
ANYONE in a relationship in Warwickshire can now find out ...
RUBERY residents have welcomed the introduction of a new 20mph ...
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of stealing more ...