Electrical fault causes house fire

Tuesday 05 February 2013 Updated: 06/02 12:30

FIREFIGHTERS put out a blaze at a home in Worcester on Monday (Feb 4) afternoon after a fire broke out in a central heating boiler.

Three crews from Worcester were called to a house on Midland Road at 2.40pm and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched the property to check no one was trapped inside.

Crews then isolated the gas and electricity supplies before extinguishing the fire which was largely confined to the kitchen.

No one was injured during the fire which is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Share This

Popular »

1 Identity of sex offenders revealed

2 Hospital site housing plan gets green light

3 Rower shaping up well for oarsome challenge

4 Work to start on performance centre

5 Village pre-school faces fight to survive

More news »

Burglars target two homes in Northwick

THREE MEN are being sought by police after

Lack of entries flattens pancake race

THE ANNUAL pancake race outside Worcester Guildhall has

Gritters head out as temperatures plummet

GRITTERS will head out onto the county's roads

Gay marriage move lacks 'clear mandate' warns Bishop

THE BISHOP of Worcester says moves towards legalising

Regional news »


Stratford Observer
Grand National winning jockey backs Air Ambulance charity

A GRAND National-winning jockey whose life was saved by an ...

Bromsgrove Standard
Bromsgrove GP practice's uncompassionate parking policy slammed

A BROMSGROVE woman has hit out after being ordered to ...

Redditch Standard
Redditch MP calls for fresh hospital services review

REDDITCH MP Karen Lumley has called for a fresh review ...

Evesham Observer
Police hunt lorry driver who asked to take pictures of ...

POLICE have launched a manhunt after a lorry driver asked ...