Electrical fault causes house fire

Tuesday 05 February 2013 Updated: 06/02 12:30

FIREFIGHTERS put out a blaze at a home in Worcester on Monday (Feb 4) afternoon after a fire broke out in a central heating boiler.

Three crews from Worcester were called to a house on Midland Road at 2.40pm and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched the property to check no one was trapped inside.

Crews then isolated the gas and electricity supplies before extinguishing the fire which was largely confined to the kitchen.

No one was injured during the fire which is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Share This

Popular »

1 New Asda will not open 24 hours

2 Former hospital site cleared for care home

3 Round Table steps in to beat thieves

4 First look at new multi-million pound fitness club

5 Giles Potter misses out on X Factor dream

More news »

Woman sexually assaulted in park

A WOMAN in her 20s was sexually assaulted

Drivers targeted by fake gold fraudsters

DRIVERS have been warned not to buy fake

This week's letters to the editor

Re: Smokers offered incentives to kick habit (The

LEADER'S COLUMN - Simon Geraghty

AT WORCESTER City Council thoughts are firmly focused

Regional news »


Stratford Observer
Stratford on Avon coffee shop crash accused found guilty

A FORMER Warwickshire Magistrate has escaped jail after his car ...

Bromsgrove Standard
Bromsgrove dog owner speaks out as his pet recovers from ...

ONE of the dog owners whose pet is thought to ...

Redditch Standard
Man wrongly jailed for attack 'will never forget his 17 ...

A MAN wrongly convicted of attempted rape said he would ...

Evesham Observer
Jack’s charged with a top job

A BROADWAY electrical firm has added a bright spark to ...