Hi: 8° Lo:-2°
Wednesday 06 February 2013 Updated: 08/02 09:20
THREE MEN are being sought by police after two neighbouring homes on a street in Northwick were targeted by burglars on Monday evening (Feb 4).
Officers want to trace the men who were seen in the area around the time of the burglary and attempted break-in on Sabrina Avenue.
The first house was broken into via a rear door sometime between 6.30pm and 7pm and a search was made of the property but nothing was stolen.
Then, at around 7.15pm, the residents of a neighbouring house, who were at home at the time, disturbed three people at the side of their home when they heard a noise outside.
The offenders jumped over a side gate and made off.
Detective Inspector Richard Rees, who leads the team that investigates burglaries, said they were keen to hear from anyone who saw or heard any unusual activity on Monday evening, especially three men in dark clothing.
"I also want to take this opportunity to remind residents that they should not leave their homes looking unoccupied as it can lead opportunist burglars to attempt a break in," he added.
"The house that was burgled had been left in darkness and the owner of the house where the attempt was made has told officers that the house was not well lit and could have looked empty.
"The evenings are getting lighter, but everyone still needs to take steps to make sure they are doing all they can to they can to protect their homes. In particular we would like people to make sure their property looks lived-in after dark, whether they are away on holiday or just popped to the shops for half an hour."
A WOMAN in her 20s was sexually assaulted
DRIVERS have been warned not to buy fake
Re: Smokers offered incentives to kick habit (The
AT WORCESTER City Council thoughts are firmly focused
A MAN from Stratford who raped a prostitute twice as ...
A SUSPECTED fire at Aston Fields Middle School was down ...
CREATING a sandwich packed full of tasty ingredients has landed ...