Electrical fault causes house fire

Tuesday 05 February 2013 Updated: 06/02 12:30

FIREFIGHTERS put out a blaze at a home in Worcester on Monday (Feb 4) afternoon after a fire broke out in a central heating boiler.

Three crews from Worcester were called to a house on Midland Road at 2.40pm and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched the property to check no one was trapped inside.

Crews then isolated the gas and electricity supplies before extinguishing the fire which was largely confined to the kitchen.

No one was injured during the fire which is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Share This

Popular »

1 Former hospital site cleared for care home

2 Elderly man dies after car rolls onto him

3 Giles Potter misses out on X Factor dream

4 Winners of first photo contest revealed

5 Cinderella an unmissable festive treat

More news »

Woman sexually assaulted in park

A WOMAN in her 20s was sexually assaulted

Drivers targeted by fake gold fraudsters

DRIVERS have been warned not to buy fake

This week's letters to the editor

Re: Smokers offered incentives to kick habit (The

LEADER'S COLUMN - Simon Geraghty

AT WORCESTER City Council thoughts are firmly focused

Regional news »


Stratford Observer
Ex mayor rescues Stratford on Avon history from skip

DETECTIVE work by a former Stratford mayor has saved a ...

Bromsgrove Standard
Manslaughter sentencing postponed for baby funeral

THE SENTENCING of a man who admitted to killing his ...

Redditch Standard
Manslaughter sentencing postponed for baby funeral

THE SENTENCING of a man who admitted to killing his ...

Evesham Observer
Family fun day to support good causes

THE PAIN of seeing a loved one's life significantly change ...